Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Spicy Chicken Alfredo


Okay, remember how I started this food blog, then completely abandoned it? I am going to try to be better from now on . . . promise.
Now, back to the food. If you have been to the restaurant on top of the WILK at BYU (the Skyroom) maybe you tried the Four Corners Alfredo. Well, this is a much easier version of the same recipe. Sam and I eat it at least once a week (Sam would probably eat it even more often if I was willing to make it --it is always the first thing he suggests when I ask what we should eat for dinner). It seems sort of exotic but is deceptively easy to make.

Spicy Chicken Alfredo


1 T oil
2 cloves of garlic, diced
1/2 of a medium onion, diced
1 chicken breast, diced
1 cup prepared alfredo sauce (you could make your own)
1 cup milk
1 chipotle pepper, diced, with 1 T adobo sauce (you can buy these in a can at most grocery stores)
1 T maple syrup

2 1/2 cups cooked penne (you can use whatever pasta you want)
cilantro for a garnish

In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat, adding garlic and onions. Saute until translucent, then add chicken and brown. Reduce heat and add alfredo sauce and milk. Add chipotle, adobo, and maple syrup. Reduce sauce until it is the consistency that you prefer. Serve over pasta and garnish with cilantro.

5 comments:

Marci said...

Ok, I have no clue about Adobo. Can you take a picture of it and post? Sorry for being ridiculous and thanks for your fabulous food blog...

Blair said...

Marci (and others who are curious):
The adobo sauce is the sauce that the chipotle peppers are packed it. Sorry I didn't clarify that further! I'll see if I can take a picture of the can.
-b

Liz said...

Ok i am really excited to try this recipe because Scott is obsessed with spicy alfredo. There was this amazing dish at Oregano's in the AZ called "Alfredo the dark" (i know, ridamndiculous) that he LOVES and it sounds similar to this.

Thank you, B-rock, for helping me be the best wife ever.

Sidenote: we eat those fish tacos once a week now... love it.

taylor said...

It's two for two! I made this last night, Blair! I loved it... and it wasn't half as spicy as I thought it would be--I was a bit worried about that... I love the maple syrup flavor in it too... (and I have just enough left over for my lunch today)

P.S. Marci, if you google image adobo sauce a picture of the can comes right up. FYI.

Liz said...

Ok I made this last week and we really loved it. For whatever reason, the sauce came out thinner than I would have liked though. I probably did something wrong. But I think next time I'll add less milk. Super delicious and the perfect amount of spicy. We loved it!!!